Friday, June 11, 2010

Skating is really IN

Feeling so high and thrilled even after 2 hours of skating! This is my second lesson and it's soo fun, esp after I got my new skates and helmet. Check them out! The skates made me go like the wind! Even two of the students who were grown up men also learning to skate, were amazed and said "How come you can skate so fast?!" I smiled and pointed to my new skates. They looked at their old rental skates and shook their heads.. Later I saw one of them buying a new pair after the lesson too, haha! They said, "After we see you skate, we can't take it, gotta spend $$ on a new pair, man!" Well my skates set me back by $279 and the helmet and protective gear about $80 but it SURE IS WORTH EVERY CENT! I'm really looking forward to my next lesson tmr! I cancelled my Saturday tuition just to learn skating, woohoo! No point earning so much $ when you can't enjoy it rite? Well I'm set on spending the rest of this holiday learning it well. I intend to go next Tuesday, Thursday, Friday AND Saturday too!!! My ultimate goal is to be able to skate well and go skating in East Coast and join the skating community there. I'm hoping to meet more sports-minded ppl there and have fun on my Saturday mornings, once I stop my tuition end of October. I even hear there are skating groups on Friday nites!! That's MY idea of TGIF nite out!



No comments: