Thursday, November 17, 2011

Recharge Yourself Daily

Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily chores that we forget to recharge ourselves. This allows stress and negative feelings to build up, which may result in burn-out. Taking care of yourself is essential! Pay attention to your needs, and do something for yourself everyday. This will help you regain strength and be empowered to overcome the challenges that come your way.

Practical Assignment :
Set aside some "ME" time everyday. Take part in activities that you enjoy. Perhaps it's taking a short walk on the beach. Maybe it's even catching up on your favourite reading. Pick a time that works best for you; there's no strict timetable!

For me today, I did an hour of body workouts focusing on the arms and butt, followed by 10 min of balance and flexibility exercises... REALLY felt good today and so proud of myself for making the discipline to work out. I also found time to cook Spaghetti Bolognese for my family. Home-cooked food really tastes good. I like bolognese with chopped chilli padi. It becomes Bolognese Arrabiata! Yummy... Third wonderful thing that happened today is ...I managed to catch up with 2 PESS coursemates at the Health Conference today :)

No comments: