Saturday, November 19, 2011

Instill a Sense of Optimism

We frequently meet with difficult situations in our lives. Sometimes, things don't go our way. We may even encounter a series of failures. It is easy to be disheartened and give up, thinking that things will never get better. How can we make things better? The answer is being optimistic! Remember three things : One, experiencing failure in one area of life does not translate to being defeated in other areas as well. (So if your boyfriend or ex treated you badly, doesn't mean others will.) Two, while taking responsibility for what happened, acknowledge that some circumstances are beyond our control. (like his feelings for you. If he has lost his love for you, there's nothing much you can do) Three, bad events are temporary. So look beyond the dark clouds that may gather, and know that "there is always sunshine after the rain." (Yes, have faith in yourself and be that person he first fell in love with, cos that's the personality that will attract another guy)
The next time you experience disappointment over a failure, whether work, relationship or personal goal, remember A.R.T.

A : Acnowledge that certain things are beyond your control.
R : Recognise your other accomplishments.
T : Trust that the present situation is only temporary.

Boy, do I need all that advice above myself. I'm trusting that I'm only being put on the shelf temporarily..soon I'd see the rainbow through the clouds..

My blessings for today : My lovely beautician at Estee Lauder, my improving skin and God's love for me.

No comments: