Monday, December 28, 2009

Strong Back

My friend Anita recently had an acute back lock. She was sitting in her office chair for nearly two hours and when she got up to reach for something on her desk, she felt this excruciating pain in her back and she couldn't straighten up!

Really no joke yeah. I was really affected to see her wearing a brace. Immediately when I got back after seeing her, I searched the internet for links to this condition and found out more about it :

http://www.back.com/articles-back_pain_relief.html

It seems that strengthening the back will prevent this from happening. So I made a resolution to do my back exercises more faithfully, especially my swimming. It seems that front crawl is great exercise for the back, but breaststroke can aggravate the tailbone if done wrongly and too much. Anyway I had a great swim earlier tonite, 20 wonderful laps, alternating front crawl and breaststroke. I felt really strong and flexible after the swim!! Not to mention, so happy too :) Exercise really releases endorphins. Well one of my new year resolutions (besides loving my 'jumbo' partner even more) is to swim even more often (3 times alternate weeks), do my strength-training exercises faithfully (twice a week) and take my supplements more regularly. I've been taking only 3 caps of Glucosamine and 1 cap of Activite (multi-vite) but from now on, I'd be taking 6 caps of glucosamine and 2 caps of Activite daily!

No comments: