Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome 2010

Can't believe its been a year since my "Welcome 2009" post here!! Here I am, halfway through the first day of 2010, sipping milk tea (made by my son) and feeling comfy in my blue spaghetti strapped baby doll dress :) I woke up this morning at about 8 am, sprang out of bed like a deer to get to the wet market to buy fresh salmon. Could almost inhale the fresh sea scent of it as I drove out in my car. My family has taken to salmon ever since I started buying it from the wet market instead of the supermarket. I found out that the part of the fish nearer to the belly is so tender and tasty because it's got more fat. I haven't tried salmon belly strips yet, though but I will soon! Cost me about $20 for 4 pieces of the salmon. I'm going to marinade it wif some Japanese teriyaki sauce and then grill it wif some butter. Simply sumptuous!

After marketing, it was intensive labour as whole family got about cleaning up the house. My aunt's dropping over for lunch and games. So glad for these Magiclean wetwipes - they really make cleaning up the floor a breeze. Within half hour, I had cleaned up the entire house! Just attach, wipe, clean and throw. No need to lug a heavy pail of water around, messy water spills and waiting for floor to dry. In fact, I find that these moist wipes pick up dirt better than the traditional wet mop. But frankly speaking, I'm really not into house cleaning. To me its really a CHORE. Wat I enjoy most though is grocery shopping, cooking and washing up!

My sweet angel of an aunt came over at lunch, just after I've finished showering and dressing. She's such a frugal person. She earns peanuts as a cleaner at a Christian book store but gives us so generously for each of our birthdays - around $100 each! It really shows what a kind and generous heart she has. So I decided to bring her to Nanbantei, the Japanese restaurant in Far East Plaza to try the yakitori. In case you have not tried it, it's one of the best yakitori in town. Been there for 20 over years. The Obento set is only $13 (served during lunch time only) and is so filling that you really need to skip breakfast if you're going to have it for lunch. Read more about the restaurant here :

http://global.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/nanbantei_japanese_restaurant/


Here's a picture of the bento set :



After lunch, we went back. My aunt brought her Rummy set to play with us. We always play this whenever we meet at her place. But I couldn't join them this time as I had to do some urgent school work. Well I've just finished it before I started blogging. Talking bout school, I'm teaching a P3 class Science and Maths this year, in addition to my usual PE workload. I have PE classes across 4 levels - Pri 3 to P6! Really challenging! Well my New Year resolutions will be to win the Best Teacher award again. I won the Best Teacher Silver Award this year. What's so prestigious about it is that it is voted by the pupils (just like the S'pore Idol). In order to attain my goal, I'd have to speak more encouraging remarks, be more understanding and caring and also be more humorous! The kids always love a funny teacher rite?

In terms of personal goals, I want to be more focused on my fitness regime - doing quality workouts each time. I also resolve to be more frugal, like my aunt and spend more on my friends and loved ones.

Well my aunt is napping now. I gave her a BIG angpow for her Christmas and birthday (which was on 29/12) consisting of $300 shopping vouchers and $100 cash. That's cos she really really deserves it. It makes me sooo happy just to think of her buying something she likes with the vouchers, cos I know she's one who will not indulge in herself. If I had given her cash only, she'd just save it or give it to someone else, that's her! Do you know she's already 69 but she leads such an active busy life, always going out with her friends, helping others and occupying herself very productively. When you're around her, you don't feel you're with some grumpy, disgruntled, cynical and tired old lady at all. She's full of fun, love and warmth.

Hmm.. I guess I've allowed the negative bugs to bite me in 2009 quite a bit. Well I resolve to be more postive this year. One of the ways is to be around positive people more often. So if you're negative, please stay far far away from me!

Before I go to chat with my aunt, do have a great start to the new year and lots of wonderful, loving, successful and warm moments ahead! Do keep healthy and remember to EXERCISE!! Health is wealth! Cheers!

No comments: