Saturday, December 19, 2009

Avatar lessons

Watched Avatar the day it was released..but in 2D, but still awesome for me nonetheless. 2 nights after watching it and I'm still thinking about it! I feel like I've been through an X-ray and exposed to strongly radioactive substances that left its imprint on my whole mind and body. The way the relationship developed between Jake Sully and Neytiri was so beautiful that I had to hold back my tears during the movie. It was only that night when I closed my eyes to sleep that the tears fell like water from a dam on the pillow. I was just so touched by the bond between them. I thought of the scene where they mated for life. Just as the Na'vi believed in their Egwar, I told myself I want to believe that God sees my tears. All I want in this whole life is to find my soulmate. Jake wasn't greedy for the multi-million dollar mineral under the tree. He could have sold out the blue aliens and gotten a small piece of the precious rock to pay for an operation to get his legs working again. Many people on this earth are materialistic and would have done that. They want the best they can get in this one and only life they have. They work like crazy for the day they can be the boss, own a big luxury car and landed property. But Jake found something more precious than the mineral - he found love, loyalty and faith. He would rather give up the riches of the world for this love, loyalty and faith. How many people on earth are like that?

No comments: