Friday, December 11, 2009

Bitten by the travel bug

Back from Hong Kong yesterday. This is the first trip I took that I actually did not want to come back.. my previous holidays I had someone or something I missed back home dearly but not this time.. There's nothing to look forward to back in Sg except work, hot humid weather and stale relationships that are going downhill. On the journey back in the plane, I did a soul-search. I realised that despite my busy schedule, I was actually lonely. Sure, I have a family, chores, exercise, friends, work, tuition to fill my time ...but they did not fill my heart. What I missed was the constant time and communication spent with someone. What I have now is just infrequent, random dates - like I see this friend once a week and another once in two weeks..Don't get me wrong, i'm thankful for them and the time they spent wif me. It's not their fault they can't see me more often. They have families too, they have their jobs. But I know I'm just not on their priority list. What I need is something deeper. A soulmate. Yes.. I have not found him yet. I don't know if I'd ever meet him but I know he's out there somewhere. Someone I can share my deepest feelings with, someone who's there for me every single day. Someone I can even travel the world with. Someone who can see into my soul and vice versa. Someone who has the time for me daily, not just once a week lunch or dinner dates. Who knows, I may meet him tomorrow. Yeah, that gives me the incentive to exercise and stay happy. Just like the prospect of travelling to other countries in the near future keeps me working hard this holidays too.

I saw this slogan in a doctor's office - We can prescribe medicine for your physical illnesses but the only cure for loneliness, depression and hurt is love.

No comments: