Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Swimming Forever

Day 11...I've finally decided to heed the doctor's advice and rest at home till 12 Feb.. My mind and body wants to go back to work but the calf doesn't! Well in case you're envying me, don't.. I slept at 1 plus a.m. last nite after planning the lessons, printing them together with the SOWs for the relief teacher and scanning the text books for reference. I want to keep in close touch with what's going on in class through calls to the relief teacher as well as posting homework and lessons on my class blog. I've asked my pupils to email me and keep me posted on what's going on in class and so far they have, so I don't feel so alienated from school..

Meanwhile, I've discovered swimming again in a new way - front crawl. I never thought I'd be able to swim front crawl alone for ten over laps! I usually start off with breast stroke as warm-up for about 6 laps and then I'd alternate front crawl with breaststroke for the rest of the laps. But since breaststroke engages the calves, I'd hv to swim front crawl instead. Man it's tiring but it gives greater returns in terms of post-workout exhilaration. I feel so recharged and refreshed after about 12 -14 laps of front crawl that I find myself smiling non-stop after the swim!

Here's a website on frontcrawl and its benefits :

http://www.artofswimming.com/page.aspx?p=stltca

A video on technique of frontcrawl that I find useful :

No comments: