Monday, February 9, 2009

Medial Gastrocnemius Strain

That's what my injury is specifically called. During my MC I have been sleeping most mornings till 11 plus am, after waking up at 6 am to fetch my son to school. Take my breakfast and then back to bed. Somehow this injury makes me feel very tired and sleepy. Guess the body not only dispatches chemicals to the healing area but also sleepy chemicals to make me rest ..

I've found a website that fully describes the injury; perhaps it might be useful to anyone else so i've posted it here...
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/91687-overview

About a year ago, I received a call from a lady wanting to talk to me about some accident policy. Due to my buddy who's in sales, my treatment of sales personnel have greatly been altered from negative to positive. So I gave her a chance to describe her product and it turned out that it could be useful to me after all. It's called Caring Star Insurance Policy from MSIG. According to her, it provides a cover of $50 K for death or total disability, daily benefits of $20 per day and medical expenses covered up to $1000 per injury (even cover TCM). Not bad huh? Well since i do sports pretty frequently, the lady advised me to take it up and it's only $15.29 per day. Ok so i've been paying till now- total premiums is about $180 plus. But now i can claim it all back. Submitting my claims today...But not sure after tat whether my premium will increase?? Hmm...

Anyway i'm on mc till thursday..can't wait to go back to work on Friday. Meanwhile I've been swimming, thanks to my sports buddy (HUGS and KISSES for you honey). It's really times like this that you know who your true friends are. They're not just there for the good times but also when you're down n out!

Anyway to relate about my visit to Tan Tock Seng Hospital. THe first doctor i visited was at the polyclinic (on 28.1.09) and guess wat he said - "What do you want me to do?" I was stumped. Wah..wat a question! Anyway I told him I came so i can get a referral. He said it would be some time before i can get an appointment at the orthopaedic dept of any hospital. So i said - just try your best then. The referral turned out to be on the 6th of February! So I went to see a private doctor in the meanwhile (at the SIngapore Sports Medicine Centre - see my earlier post). Ok so finally on the 6th February i went to TTSH hoping they will schedule physiotherapy sessions to help me recover well. The doctor, an Indian expat, examined me on the couch by rotating my leg in all directions and pressing it hard in various places. After eliciting a lot of groans of pain from me, he said "ok it's not that serious..you just rest and it'd be fine..Don't stand for too long, at the most 10 mins" He said there's no need for physiotherapy sessions either! Geesh ... wat a waste of my time ..and money too... So looks like i'd have to continue with the Singapore Sports Medicine Centre if I want a proper recovery. The physiotherapist said I need to do sports masssage when the scar tissue forms else it will result in recurrent injuries next time...

No comments: