Thursday, February 5, 2009

Beauty and the Beast

Today as i was driving my son to school, my attention was suddenly captured by this beautiful-looking woman standing on the centre divider of the road. She was tall, had long wavy hair, was wearing a dress that skims her curves beautifully and simply looked divine. A wave of emotions surged through me - envy, insecurity and inferiority as well as despair.. I just felt absolutely ugly at that moment - my short wave-less hair (i swear i'd never go back to this hairdresser AND i swear I wont cut my hair short again!), my petite frame and my average face. I simply hated myself at that moment and would give ANYTHING to be her..

After driving back, I went online and surfed the net - looking for ways to get that look...then a ray of reason finally shone through - "the only way to look like that woman is drastic PLASTIC surgery and even then you can't grow any taller! Why suffer like that to look like a bad imitation of someone else? ok..u aren't happy wif yr hair cut but it doesn't change WHO you are.. just use hair wax creatively and try to look chic with the right clothes..Comparision is a state of the MIND and that's the real BEAST!"
I started to feel more confident again ...yeah if i look like someone else, wouldn't my family and friends miss ME, regardless of the hair? The world will be so boring if everyone has the same age, look and body! I have to accept myself and make the most of my strengths - like my sensitivity, compassion and determination. I need to learn how to make the most of what I am, not be like someone else..and most of all, not compare myself with other women. Even if all the men in the world like a certain woman, they can't ALL have her, rite? So i dun hv to please ALL men, haha..start with pleasing myself first and that ONE man in my life :) I really do hope he really likes me for who i am, short hair, petite body, wrinkles and all, cos I like him for who HE is and definitely do not compare him to other men.

No comments: