Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Death and Birth

The death of a loved one can be really painful..but at least that person died loving you. The love did not die..only the person ..what's more painful is the death of love..to see a love die when the person is still alive..

Today my blue rose seems to have died..it has been wilting for some time, petal after petal dropping off... I went to my swim mourning for it..as i swam each lap, my tears mingled with the sparkling pool water..reminding me of the times when I swam and cried as a troubled teen. So i've come full circle..The pool will always be my comfort cos it seems to draw away my tears and surround me with its caressing waves. Well when i got up from the pool this time, I left the dead rose petals behind in the water.. they will turn into fertiliser for someone's rose garden..giving birth to a new rose plant, I hope...

I don't know when a new rose bud will appear...after the grief is fully worn off i guess.. but im sure it will eventually. With the death of each blue rose, i tell myself that I'd learn to love the next one even more tenderly. Yes I'd cherish and love even more deeply when love grows again...

No comments: