Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cinderella

My favourite fairy tale is Cinderella. Often i feel like her. As I'm elbow deep in dishwashing lather, i'd dream of my Prince Charming who'd come to sweep me off my feet and bring me away from all of this drudgery. Last week in church, I broke down and wept despite the fact tat i did NOT want to and din really focus on the message my pastor's wife was preaching. It was something in her voice - the way she spoke that just peeled away the layers of masks from my heart and the dam within me broke. I cried out to God - You know how lonely i am! Here i am - just a small small part of someone's life and yet this person is all i have emotionally.. Isn't that awful, God? I am like a dog who just have to accept the crumbs of time from this person now. I'm trying to let go but if I come back to You, God, I'd end up with NOTHING. Just like Cinderella with her stepmother n stepsisters.. Can I pray to You to bring me to someone who'd love me and cherish me? But how can You as a Holy God grant that kind of wish?? Sigh.."

I fell asleep last nite thinking of that cute guy tat said hello to me at the gym.. somehow he's like Prince charming.I fantasized about us meeting often at the gym to work out together.. But sigh..im no Cinderella and I'm sure he was just being friendly.. haizzzz.. Well ...no harm daydreaming rite.. in fact this reminds me of a song by James Blunt.. You're Beautiful but I can't be with you.. Posting the Kenny G version of it here. It's lovely...

No comments: