Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Updates..

Haven't been rambling for a while, hehe..been pretty busy wif work as it was the exams last week. Had my birthday two weeks ago on 8th May and it was such a memorable birthday as it came just before a long weekend (11th May was school holiday in lieu of Vesak Day) School was in a TGIF mood and I was looking forward to the bell at 1 pm so I can zip off to my usual Japanese lunch date with my son at Tamako Restaurant at Upper Thomson. They have this set lunch on Fridays - Sabe set and we always order the teriyaki salmon. It's absolutely delicious and cheap at $8.90, complete with Edamame, Miso soup, a small serving of chicken stew, fruit and tea. After lunch, I had time for a bath before meeting an old fren for ice cream at Icekimo (near Thomson V). I love their super durian waffle and Baileys ice cream! Got this fren hooked to the ice cream and so we meet there regularly at least once a fortnight to catch up as well.. My dear buddy Rosiah was able to join me for shopping spree at Orchard. I went to pick her up from Woodlands and had the opportunity to drop by my ex-school. Could still feel the evil presence of the Witches but at least i had my dear fren's positive karma to ward off the evil, hehe. Everyone looked positively oppressed and overworked, poor things.. no life in their eyes and no spring in their step ...well at least they still said I was looking great. Wonder if I'd look like this if I still worked there? The dejavu of cramped and crowded cubicles, busy shuffling of tired feet and the stale smell of piles of unmarked books and worksheets ... I told myself I had to leave soon or else I'd have more recurring nightmares of coming back to work there!! THANK GOD for the move to this present school I'm at now. Enjoying an extra free period cos my PE class has gone for Napfa test. Hope my cute darlings do well...

So i'm well into 45 now.. feeling the age slightly as I look at my blossoming middle.. sigh, why do all the extra food go there?? My craving for french fries isn't helping. I must start craving for more exercise. Was supposed to swim last nite but gave it up to send my dear hubby to the airport for his GErmany trip, seeing how flustered he was. We managed to reach early and had time to shop and drink juice. My son and I stopped by SK jewellery after sending him off, attracted by the sparkling diamonds and the slick salesman talked me into buying a pair of real diamond earring studs for my daughter's coming birthday@ $99 only... will post a picture of it soon.. Talking bout diamonds, yeah i actually got a diamond ring for my birthday from my beloved!! Yeah, still in denial and shock over it actually. Some days I open my drawer to check if I'm dreaming...diamonds are forever and wearing a real diamond from someone who loves you is the best feeling in the world!! But honestly I'd rather have more of the person's love and time than his jewellery and gifts...

No comments: