Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Swimming against the current

Swim wasn't very good today. Somehow my body still feels tired, either from the intensive yoga i did on Monday or from my period which came yesterday.. Anyway i just learnt a lesson today - that pride comes before a fall... Just after texting an ex-colleague about how well i was doing in this new school, I received a call from an HOD that i had neglected to take action immediately on a case that happened today in class and because of that, the parent had come to the office to complain.. geesh, it was humbling. I admitted my fault and told myself to be less complacent!

As though tat wasn't bad enuf, after my less-than-blissful swim, I came bk and found out that my son Mark had broken out into rashes after three days of fever.. Sigh i had to also go out to get dinner for my hub cos the kids had already eaten pizza and i had not ordered any extra for him nor myself since he mentioned he was tired of european food after a week in Germany. So after buying the food from the nearby coffee shop, I came back and told him that he would need to bring Mark to the doctor tomorrow morning. Guess what his reaction was? "I hate to wait at doctors!" So I told Mark "well you have to endure the rashes through the morning and wait for me to come back from school in the afternoon then. " He just kept quiet and went to take his bath. After that he quickly switched on his TV and got down to eat the food i bought. Not even a word of thanks either. I wish at that moment he never came back from Germany. I actually had a better time when he was away cos i had one less person to take care of. Can you believe that I actually dreaded his return yesterday? Well i tried not to show it. I even sacrificed my exercise, accompanied him out to dinner yesterday cos he missed spicy food. But what's the point of wishing all that? Only Cinderella escaped her hard life cos she had a fairy god mother. I can only dream of meeting my prince charming in my dreams haha..

Ok now to change perspective. Well i can meet all my own needs.. There are millions of other nicer people who are just waiting to become my friends :) I am looking forward to my pilates tomorrow. I am also looking forward to having a nice nite out on friday nite! Listen, WORLD, I am free on Friday nite, hehe!

No comments: