Monday, October 27, 2008

LOOONG WEEKEND

The looong weekend that I was looking forward to is almost over ... i think sometimes all these breaks make us more tired in other ways.. besides catching up on marking examination scripts, swimming and gym, I did what a dedicated mother would do - teach my son chinese, cook breakfast and dinners for them, shop for groceries, accompany my daughter shopping to get clothes for her and fetch them to and from badminton & swimming lessons.. Sometimes it seems such a thankless job. Who is going to give me a bonus or performance review for such tasks? I even spent 2 hours learning chinese so I can be a role model to my kid! I wish sometimes i have someone to jus take over my tasks for a while so I can totally relax and feel single again.. 

I take my hat off to those fathers who spend such long weekends taking care of their
 kids. I know of fathers who plan outings, bring their kids shopping or read to their kids.. and even fathers who go to the market early in the morning while wifey and kids are asleep to do the marketing and later labour in the kitchen to cook a sumptuous meal for them... To me
, such men are the MOST macho and attractive. I'd love to sneak up behind someone like this, plant a kiss on his neck and give him a hug from behind, whispering "I'd cook you something nice in bed tonite..." Hehe...  I also know of some men who snort at such domestic expressions of fatherly love. To them, their holidays are THEIRS to enjoy so they spend it lounging in front of the TV or laughing and joking with their buddies over beer cause they THINK they deserve it after all that HARD work. Well jus like some women like to keep their pretty manicured hands away from washing and cooking.. there are men who love such women, i'm sure... Well to me a REAL man is someone who loves his kids, sacrifices for them and doesn't mind getting dirty on his knees scrubbing the toilet or floor..  Check out that hunk on the right...doesn't he look absolutely cute cooking? *knees weak....



I'm now waiting for the sushi rice to cook... Going to prepare 'crab' maki with my kids. We got the tatami mats yesterday from Cold Storage (found it among the seaweed), seaweed sheets, sushi vinegar and mayonnaise. Dinner will be ton torro ramen, japanese tofu with sesame sauce and crab maki...Yum. Hope all the hard work will be worth it :)




No comments: