Monday, October 27, 2008

FRESH VS FROZEN

Recently the govt launched this campaign for frozen food.. A lot of ppl are wondering what the motivations behind the campaign are.. well to me, frozen is ok if that's what you are already used to... I've always bought my beef thawed from frozen so I don't know what FRESH beef tastes like, unless I go live on an Australian farm. But for chicken, I can say that frozen tastes awful. I usually was able to buy fresh chicken from the market but once i got thawed chicken from cold storage to cook a dish. Even my son was able to taste the difference although I did not tell him where I got the meat from! The meat had a rubbery texture and was also lacking in taste... So there you are, fresh is definitely superior over frozen when it comes to taste. Of coz there will always be those propagandists who tell you that frozen food is higher in nutrition cos it was not exposed to the air as long as fresh.. well how much is the difference anyway? When it comes to eating, taste is what that matters rite? Bon Appetit!!

No comments: