Sunday, September 18, 2011

In the mood for cooking..

Facial yesterday afternoon at Avon@central was good! The beautician's facial massage skills were very good. Bought my usual supply of Biolab's Vit A & C serums. Not sure if they hv bn all that effective but i figure prevention is better than cure. On the way back in the NE line, I stopped over at Serangoon Nex to pick up Japanese udon from cold storage. Only udon from Japan will do for my family when it comes to cooking Yaki-udon. The udon at NTUC just can't make it. I found this new brand of fresh thin udon, comes 5 in a pack. Picked up sour cream too, u'd find out why later.. Reached home, had enough time to marinade the prawns and put the laundry into the machine before heading out to do my pedicure nearby. Haiz, the vanity of a woman but oh, i so love being one!

The Yaki- udon was a success as usual. The recipe I got many years ago from a friend who worked in a Jap restaurant in USA never fails me! My son thanked me after eating a huge plate of the noodles, smiling from ear to ear. The minute I finished cooking the noodles, my kids rushed like hungry famished ppl in a famine into the kitchen! The aroma of the cooking must hv driven them nuts!

Yeah tell me about it, I'm really in the mood for cooking this weekend. I woke up this morn, a lil groggy from a deep long sleep and despite dropping an egg on the floor, I went on to cook French toast and baked blueberry muffins, all in an hour. Yup, the sour cream was for the blueberry muffins. Plus washing up, which is what I really love to do. Maybe It's my love for swimming but I just enjoy washing a huge load of dirty dishes and seeing the whole kitchen clean as though no cooking has taken place! In fact after cooking, I usually wash up all the cooking utensils n clean up the cooking area before I sit down to eat. It is such a complete feeling of satisfaction to see the kitchen clean again.

Yes, I have to admit- I'm a very intense person. When I love to do something, i go all out into it! Tonite it will be open-faced sandwiches with cream cheese and shaved ham and homemade mushroom soup. Might as well ride the wave while it's high!

Post pics of my blueberry muffins later. I could not resist eating one just now even tho I would be eating at Kaffe & Toast later. The muffin was incredibly soft, light, airy and yummy.. So proud of myself!

No comments: