Thursday, May 27, 2010

Transition

Just had my coffee, enjoying my two bonus free periods on Thursday (7.30-8.30) Normally its taken up by meetings but due to the end of the Term, we are freed up to do our own stuff. I read somewhere that just the aroma of coffee can stimulate us (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080616092116.htm)No wonder I'm addicted to coffee but I try to limit myself to ONE cup a day. I like Goldroast Low Sugar, but may soon take it without sugar. Loooong day ahead today, got Meet-the-Parents throughout the afternoon till about 6 pm. Met one yesterday already and the thoughtful parent gave me two jars of Manuka honey!! That was really awesome. Took a tablespoon this morning with a smile. After the parents' meeting, I'm heading to the pool at Toa Payoh for a good relaxing and rejuvenating swim. Last time I swam on Tuesday, someone approached me and asked me if I swim regularly at Bishan. I was surprised that the person recognised me even though I was in my goggles n swim cap and wearing a new swim suit. Anyway after a comment on my stamina, I felt recharged and told myself that this is one thing I do well and I must keep it up!

Furthermore, being the Health Ed co-ordinator now, I must definitely be a model of health. Was really flattered when my female colleague yesterday asked me the secret to my looking so fit and good for my age. So I shared with her my exercise regime and my supplements. I honestly feel I'm starting to look my age though. The eye bags are showing up in photos quite clearly. I'm going for a talk on 'scarless eye-bag removal' surgery next Sat. If that is not an option, then I guess I have to 'age gracefully'. But then I'm also gaining more confidence and maturity as I age, so that is also good. I find that I can manage stress and set-backs better than when I was younger. I'm hoping to improve on my communication skills. Practice makes perfect.

But I must confess..what really makes my day is not the coffee. It's the morning chat I have with someone I love deeply.. hearing his voice really soothes my soul and recharges me. It's so nice to just share ideas and opinions, laughter and disappointments as well. Building on a foundation of rock. The way I feel about him is definitely gonna last a lifetime...like the rocks in the sea, resistant to corrosion and erosion. Thinking of him now and smiling. Is it possible to love someone even more deeply as time goes by? Yes, I believe it is...

No comments: