Saturday, May 15, 2010

Castles on the Sand

Castles on the sand..they are vain dreams and hopes built on relationships or activities that won't last. When the waves come, they get swept away and wat's left is regret, pain and disappointment..

I want to build my house on a rock. It's ok that its not a castle. What I need is just a cosy home - no fancy trimmings. A house is only a home when it's filled with love, laughter and warmth. I want to rebuild my r/s with my family, myself and with God of all the Earth. I want to believe in myself - even when ppl I care about do not believe in me. Today I shall start building. I will pray, listen, smile, encourage, apologize if I've hurt, ask for help, be thankful... cook, wash, tidy up, give tuition - all in the name of love.

A relationship built on love may die, but the love will never die.. I will never forget a Japanese show i watched on TV years ago, about how a woman involved in a plane crash refused to go to hospital cos she found out her husband had died in the plane crash and she wanted to die too...but the air stewardess told her - "if u die now, who will remember yr husband, the things u did together, the things he did for u, the things u did for him and the love u had? When my r/s failed, I also wanted to kill myself but I told myself if i did, the love I feel will die too..So i went on living to keep the love alive in my heart. Yr husband will live on in yr heart, he'd never die as long as u're alive!"

I cried and cried for days after hearing that. I wasn't even in love then. I never forgot the look on the stewardess face to this day - the pain in her eyes but yet she smiled. I know how she feels now cos I'm going thru it myself. I wanted to die a few weeks ago when a relationship failed.. but I told myself I truly loved this person, deeply and totally. Though he doesn't believe me or care anymore, I must live so that the love we had will always be alive in my heart. Four and a half years of happy memories, that's 1642 days of love.. I must keep all these special memories alive in my mind and heart.. till the day i leave this earth..


From now on, I want to post on love. That's what I'm going to live for. Not pain, not hatred, not bitterness, not anger, not hurt. But love. Love is the greatest of all.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

No comments: