Thursday, February 4, 2010

Daily Swimming

I swam for the second consecutive day yesterday and it was really good. At first I did wonder if I'd be over-doing it but then I recalled how invigorated I felt on Tuesday nite after my swim so I decided not to think twice about it and just go ahead. The pool was crowded with both adults and kids, but so wat, a swim is a swim, doesn't matter if the pool is crowded or not. So i swam 20 laps a bit more leisurely than the previous day. After that, I felt as fit as a fiddle!! Whole body was singing with joy. I'm looking forward to tonite's swim again. Wow, this daily swimming thing is good. I did a search on the internet and came up with a lot of links on benefits of daily swimming. It's one exercise you can do daily, unlike jogging, weight training or cycling. The therapeutic effect of the water also destresses and makes one feel calmer after a hard day of work. It also provides all over body toning. I'm looking forward to a better physique already. I really don't understand how some people, particularly women can do without exercise. For me, it's my powerhouse. Without it, I actually feel more tired and drained. After exercise, I feel rejuvenated, invigorated and fresh. I'm getting more compliments at the pool too, especially in my new swimming suits, hehe. I guess it's not age that matters, but the overall package. Someone said I look fresh, glowing and fit for my age and he thought I was in my thirties! Well that's surely an incentive to continue swimming.

No comments: