Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bodies, Homes, Lovers and Jobs

I used to envy women with sexy curvy bodies but now I realise a sexy body doesn't necessarily mean happiness. It may mean even bring pain and sorrow for some women, cos having it means more attention from men and the wrong kind sometimes who's only interested in your body and nothing else. On the other hand, a fit body will make us happy cos we feel healthy and energetic. Exercise also creates endorphins which makes us happier too.

In the same vein, a well-furnished apartment or luxury house doesn't necessarily mean happiness either. A house is not a home until it is filled with laughter, love, warmth and caring. I'm glad that recently my house is becoming more of a home. We share and joke over meals that I cooked and weekends we go to gym or shopping as a family. My children look forward to coming home and so do I.

As for lovers, are the best ones necessarily the most beautiful and hunky ones? I beg to differ. I think the best lover is someone who really cares for you. You can tell cos he/she calls everyday to ask how your day is. When you are sick, he/she accompanies you to the doctor or gets you health food to help you recuperate, or go out of his/her way to give you a lift. He or she is sacrificial and thinks only of YOUR well-being, willing to go out of his/her way for you. When it comes to sex, it's not about her/his needs being met first, but making you feel loved. That's why it's called LOVE-MAKING - means making your loved one feel loved. Otherwise, it's called sex. That's why I hate flings. The men won't be making you feel loved, cos you're just a stranger. They will use your body to fulfil their lust, that's all. They expect you to be equally turned on but sorry, I don't get turned on by a strange man groping my body!! That's not love, that's MOLEST!

Now for jobs. A high paying job isn't necessarily happiness either, if it comes with lots of stress, politicking, compromise of personal principles and lack of time for loved ones and exercise. I think my job is great cos i have time to swim everyday, time to cook for my loved ones, time to sleep a solid 7 hours and at the same time I make kids happy and mould their future! It doesn't pay very well but what the heck, it pays more in personal satisfaction!!

No comments: