Saturday, November 8, 2008

Exercise Vs Companionship

Plans are plans till they are executed, abandoned, postponed or changed. Just after I've made plans to exercise intensively for this week, I was confronted with dinner appointments, etc. So I had to decide what to do with my exercise plans...well, I can always exercise the next day, I reckon but friendship cannot be postponed to another day...esp invites to birthday parties, dinners, etc. So I had to go without exercise for THREE days in a row but I managed to maintain my diet :) It still paid off cos on Friday, I received at least 3 compliments about my figure and they are all from women, which makes them all the more er..genuine? Not that compliments from men aren't genuine but I think it's harder to get a compliment from the same sex. Anyway I enjoyed myself on all the three nites anyway, though my body was raring to exercise, I managed to appease it with promises of more intensive workouts on the weekend and next week.. 

I think it's a great compliment to get invited by your pupil to their birthday party. Esp when you turn up and realise you are the only teacher invited :) Though it was at McDonald's, I really enjoyed watching the kids play and this time, i can smile through it all cos i'm not in charge, haha... It was so funny when I arrived and the kids shouted in unison "MRS TAN!!" and I squirmed and winced cos everybody in the restaurant stared at me. ("So she's the teacher huh..") It was also so hilarious to see them play with the balloons and get cake cream all over their hair (hair cream?) ..  I wore a denim dress to make sure I looked more 'kiddo' to fit in too.. if i had long hair, i might have tied them up into two pony tails too, haha...

My aunt dropped by this afternoon and I suddenly had this mood for baking. I baked butter cookies while she watched. She's a great cook too, mind you but she had never used a cookie pump before so I felt like a kid who could show off something to her teacher :) Then she asked me, "can you teach me how to make blueberry muffins cos the last time you gave me a few to eat, they tasted so great" THAT WAS IT! The dam was opened! I told her enthusiastically - no problem, I can bake them right after the cookies! So she copied my recipe and I set up the ingredients...her verdict after the baking : FANTASTIC! Hmm  i must say my blueberry muffins are really great, in all modesty, haha... They are soft and moist, not flakey and dry like those sold outside. If you want the recipe, just PM me.. if you want the muffins, well...PM me also and give an offer and we'd negotiate :)

After the baking, we played Rummikin. A really fun game with numbers. Something like what you play with playing cards except that it's with tiles. Anyway since she came all the way from Bedok and it's really rare to get a visit from her, I decided to forgo my swimming tonite ... i'd swim tomorrow at my brother's condo when we join them for dinner.. 

Well she's just left and I realised I'm smiling all the way to my heart. It's been a really nice week, even though I did not fulfill all my exercise plans, i realised I had a great week friendship wise! 

No comments: