Thursday, December 22, 2011

Back to working out

Just had a wonderful swim at Bishan. I feel good now, even tho it was an initial struggle to swim in the freezing cold water. I almost gave up after 4 laps. But seeing an old man swimming with such difficulty n yet not giving up, I was so motivated that I persevered and finished my 20 laps.

Yesterday I did a light run after a one week's break. It was good to see the whole gang there running already. They greeted me warmly and encouraged me on my running and technique. Truly God has answered my prayers for sports buddies! One of them even texted me to ask if i was joining then yesterday. After the run, we had a good time gossiping n joking while doing our stretches n core exercises on the mats. I really feel so at home with them. We even arranged our next workout on Friday. It's really gd to find ppl of the same mindset n philosophy. In fact these guys train even harder than me! I thot I was a fitness freak but they are worse and proud of it! I'm truly so motivated and encouraged by them. I was told that my running form is good, woohoo!!

No comments: