Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve Gift to my Family

What a lovely New Year's Eve...woke up with a burning purpose for the morning - to clear my awfully tidy table by one pm! Reached school at about 9.40 am and started working at clearing the mess...gosh I did not know I had soo much rubbish. Felt like throwing everything away and start all over again but...what if ..I need this ..or that..Decisions, decisions! Anyway by 12 pm I had cleared so much that I just had to take a picture of my clean table! Here is how it looks...



Feeling so good, I went back on a high note. I had lunch wif my gal at the coffee shop downstairs - wanton noodles. Then I came back, blogged a bit and before I knew it, it was already 3 pm! Time to go to the gym! Did 45 min of cardio - 20 min of elliptical, 5min rowing and another 20 min on the stationary bike. Got to know a new fren at the gym too. Then on the way back, I did grocery shopping and immediately started cooking when I came back, which was about 5 pm. On the menu tonight was Kimchi Fried Rice and Beef stir-fried with Mushrooms. The stir fry beef from Culina's is really good - all I needed to do is marinade it and it's all ready to be stir-fried with anything! Tender and tasty..

Well after a whole hour of cooking, the kitchen was filled with wonderful aromas. I could not wait to eat the Kimchi fried rice, my very first attempt at it! Check out the picture :




Yes, it tasted as good as it looks!! Well I had a reason for doing my cooking early. Had arranged to meet a fren to pass him a package of kimchi I got from Korea. He had given me a lot of help for my Korea trip so it's only imperative that I gave him something he likes alot, considering also that he cooks too. We caught up over coffee and cake at Dome, having not seen each other for more than a month. Then I came back and here I am, blogging and listening to my Japanese lessons. ALready at Lesson 8!

Looking forward to learning more Japanese and even more, to my Japan trip next year. My wishes for next year : to be more understanding and less reactive, more focused on the person within than the appearance outside and find happiness in being who I am, in being alive and in doing the simple things such as cooking, reading, travelling and even listening to others.

Well I'm sure if I stay positive, 2011 will be a great year. Like they say, if life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

No comments: