Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lunatic new year

I'm finally blogging now after a whole month cos i'm forced to take a rest from hopping and limping.. tore my left calf ligaments yesterday while playing badminton with my son, after an hour of cardio in the gym. So much for trying to get that killer bod. It's killing ME! I was supposed to rush back home after the badminton to get ready for a reunion dinner at my home but it was so bad that I could not even walk properly. Every step on my left foot was agony. So I had to resort to hopping on my right foot instead... Good thing that it happened yesterday cos my sis-in-law  brought me to a registered chinese physician at AMK right before the dinner started cos the clinic would close at 9 pm. Lucky I invited my aunty Ruth to come for the dinner. She's a REAL angel in human form. She helped clean up the dishes and everything. If not for her, I really don't know how i'd cope. After that, my son Mark, another angel, helped me to bed and got everything I needed like drinks, etc. He actually attended to me like a nurse for half an hour!! When i thanked him, he said, "Nah, you took care of me when I was having my operation remember? I'm just returning a favour. " So sweeet ....

Well it was rather hard sleeping with the pain on my calf and i just drifted in and out of sleep. Woke up at 9 and had to get ready breakfast and lunch as well as hang up the laundry from the washing machine. I managed to cook lunch hopping around the kitchen and hang out the laundry as well. That's why I'm taking a break now - it's soo tiring! Going to hop to the carpark after this to drive to the chinese physician for my massage...geesh i really ain't looking forward to the pain :( 

No comments: