Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 3

Been going to the chinese medicine centre everyday for change of dressing and today i had acupuncture and heat treatment. First experience with acupuncture and I must say it's painful but tolerable. The doc said my calf is much better and i can also feel less pain. But for the moment i can only walk on tiptoes using my left foot and tats very tiring so i use high heels instead! Takes the pressure off the toes and the whole foot can rest on the shoe. Its VERY tiring walking tiptoe on one foot and flat on the other. Like a limping animal... Now wif the high heels I can walk with more dignity n class:)

Another weird thing i must do is wrap my calf wif cling wrap b4 i shower each time.. But still the bandage gets wet..

Today i did some upper body exercises wif dumbells while sitting on a chair. Feels good. Also played boxing Wii till my arms ached! Went online and read up about calf injuries...discovered that I can swim still! Hooray... maybe I'd bump again into that ang mo guy who spoke to me last friday at the pool.. altho he din look superfit, he sure can swim FAST cos he swam faster than me! I had a hard time catching up with him. He told me he had already swam 20 laps b4 i came along. Wow...and then he sat on the edge and watched me swim...and asked me if i compete.. I was panting away as I answered, "Oh no that was a long time ago.." Then later I thought about his question again ..could he be complimenting me? I mean u dun ask someone if they compete if u dun think they swim fast rite? Oh well...anyway he looks like michael j fox .. and even waved goodbye to me as he left the complex..Well i think he's waving to me cos i din see anyone else wave back except me, hahaha... 

So I can still work out ... i will do more upper body exercises tmr - like inclined knee push-ups, bent arm rows, triceps kickbacks, lateral arm raises, hammer curls...and some lying down/sitting yoga poses. Yoga a bit hard i think cos it involves the whole body but nvm i'd try and see....

No way I'd let an injury stop me! Oh yeah another good thing is ...i took up this accident insurance last year and now i can claim ...hopefully :)

No comments: