Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hope

At least there was a good piece of news to round off an otherwise busy and unfulfilling week - Mark got second in class!! And his level position was 19! Wow. That's really something. To celebrate his good results, we're all going to watch Men in Black 3, courtesy of his proud dad.

As for me, I'm looking forward to my trip to Turkey and the Outdoor Adventure Camp the following week. Meanwhile I'm going to continue to keep fit and look good, even though I don't feel too good sometimes. Well I think they call this the 'empty nest' syndrome.. though my kids haven't left yet, there's a gap where I used to be so busy taking care of their needs. I don't know how to go about filling that gap. I tried filling it with sports and stuff but the problem is, I'm doing them alone! So it's not about being busy but about connecting with others in a meaningful way. Well I managed to do some shopping, cooking and a short workout yesterday. Well anyway I think it's a matter of adjustment anyway. Soon, I'd be busy with school again after the holidays and I'm sure I'd find some better way to spend my Friday nites and Saturdays more meaningfully rather than 'alone'.

Maybe I should look for more ppl in my age group or older who's experiencing the same thing...they definitely aren't busy with raising small kids. It's just a matter of looking in the right places and keeping myself open ... there is certainly hope. Thanks for 'listening', ppl! Have a good week ahead :)


No comments: