Sunday, February 12, 2012

What I have learnt about love after 47 years..

That it is more than just physical attraction. Yes, usually it is because our eyes respond first before our other senses. But for me, I fell in love with the personality first, followed by the voice and then the sight and finally the touch and the scent. After that, even when age and environment changed the physical aspect, I realized that it did not affect my feelings at all. In fact, I grew even more deeply in love with his aura, his smile, his touch, his scent and his voice. How incredible that even after 7 years, I still feel so excited to see him and my skin trembles at his touch. I miss him even more after each time we meet because the memories are still so fresh. I read somewhere that if you still miss the person immediately after being with them for hours, then it is definitely more than just lust. Often the feeling fades away a bit when I start getting caught up with my work and sports, but like the song by Celine Dion goes -'when you touch me like this...it's all coming back to me' - the feeling returns strongly as ever when we meet again. How is it that I don't ever tire of his touch and companyv it amazes me because in my lifetime I have never met anyone who have loved another that deeply for that long. Relationships are like a flash in the pan and frankly I never expected mine to last long either. But now as I think of him, I feel my heart beating so fast and it's yearning so much for him!

No comments: