Saturday, January 28, 2012

Investing in Tennis

Tennis sure ain't a cheap sport but it's fun. I like the sound when the ball hits the sweet spot. Every tennis lesson costs me $74.50 and so far I've had 5 lessons. I just got a bunch of tennis balls for $25 and a tennis ball basket for $59.50. I had to restring my racket for about $40 so I figure by ten lessons I'd be about $1K poorer but so much richer in experience, fitness and health! I read somewhere that learning new things as we age keeps us young. Well this will be one of my retirement hobbies, hehe.. Well I just enjoy moving about. I hv joined a tennis forum and will be hooking up with tennis enthusiasts soon to play. After spending so much money n time in my thirties on my kids' sports courses such as swimming, skating n badminton, the end result is the father's genes have won. My kids have joined him in watching lots of tv, movies and playing online games. They are totally not keen to join me in any sports! I really do regret all the money and time spent accompanying them to lessons and courses. I could have picked up tennis, badminton, etc earlier instead. Well, it's their loss and now I'm going full steam ahead to learn and play as many sports as I can before I grow too old .. Racing against time in fact. I've got my weekends full now with tennis, swimming and yoga! It's the start of a new life for me and I'm looking forward to making new sports buddies too.

No comments: