Saturday, June 23, 2012

Orange potpourri

Stumbled across a great idea today - use of orange peel for potpourri! Since I bought a juicer a few wks ago, I hv been throwing away lots of orange peel and fruit pulp. No doubt the juice is so refreshing and delicious, but the divine smell of orange peel filling the whole house is going to be equally refreshing and delicious-smelling! So I saved the orange peel from today's juicing and simmered half of it over the stove together with a stick of cinnamon and placed the other half to dry in the oven. The house really smells so nice after about an hour! No need to spend money on those scented candles and scent containers anymore! I have orange peel everyday to refresh the smell in the house. The dried orange peel gives off a nice smell too, especially when I crush them. Wow what a discovery for someone like me who's so into scents! Certainly my heavenly Father is taking good care of me :)

No comments: