Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sundays@suntec

I look forward to my Sundays at Suntec. I have my breakfast at Coffee & Toast at the Esplanade station. I like their Otar bun set with kopi c and 2 half boiled eggs. Tastier than Yakun's. In fact I have a $5 voucher to spend at Yakun but don't hv the desire to go there. Their eggs are usually too raw for my taste. After a great service, I'd head to one of the eateries at Suntec. Today we thought we'd try out the porridge buffet at the Suntec convention centre @ 13.80 each. After we paid by cash (no visa for under $50) we were led to a table. As my daughter was coughing, I decided to ask for warm water. To my shock there's no free water provided! The price is not inclusive of drinks. I glanced at the drinks menu on the table. Don't look cheap! So I decided to get a refund n eat somewhere else. I ain't eating like a horse but have to pay for a glass of water! We went to TCC as they have a one-for-one special. We were second in the queue but had to wait about half an hour, which I did not mind as the staff was kind enuf to pour my gal a drink while waiting. I ordered a seafood aglio with prawns ($18.8) and scallops and my gal ordered a spaghetti with salmon ($19). They gave us a ready flow of free warm water too. The food was really delicious though the quantity was a bit small. Scallops were just barely done n very tender, while the aglio was delicious with bits of chilli which weren't very hot. I would give the food a 5 stars rating but at its usual price I would find it not really value for money. For $10 each, it was definitely worth it though. The staff at the suntec branch are really efficient and courteous. I noticed they kept scanning the dining area when free to see if any patrons needed help. The warm water was really a heaven-sent at the right temperature that warms your throat but not burn your tongue.

On the way back on the circle line. Thought of getting a butterfly from the republic food court at suntec but remembered there's a bowl of bean curd waiting in the fridge. Bought it in the morning when I was doing my marketing for the week. At 80 cents each, it's a steal.



Going to the gym later to strength train and then practise my skating tonight.

No comments: